The responsibilities include:
- to be an ambassador internationally for the sport and for British Fencing
- to head BF delegations internationally, as appropriate
- to advise the Board on international policy matters and on any international appointments
- to support the Board and Chair of British Fencing – and operate wholly within BF strategy and policy as expressed by the Board or Chair
- by agreement with the Chair, to represent British Fencing at formal occasions, international or domestic, such as official functions, events, competitions and presentations
- to chair any meetings of the BF Vice-Presidents.