British Fencing aspires to create “the world’s most successful fencing community”
Our mission is to inspire and enable people to start, stay and succeed in fencing.
Our 2024 goals are to
- Achieve repeatable Olympic medal success
- Grow the membership to more than 50,000 members, supported by high-quality, good-value services, that meet the needs of members and clubs
- A sustainable future, supported by high quality governance and infrastructure that is financially resilient
Our values are honesty, respect and excellence.
We will enact our values by
- - Earning Trust through Integrity and Professionalism
- - Displaying Team Spirit
- - Challenging and Innovating to Excel
OUR MAIN BF STRATEGIES
The delivery of our objectives are underpinned by 7 operational strategies:
- Leadership and Culture – Establish, communicate and reinforce the culture and leadership required to underpin the British Fencing vision, mission and objectives.
- Resource Management – Ensure robust systems are in place to monitor, review and maximise the impact of all resources, investments, and income.
- Sustainability – Ensure BF is financially resilient, maximise opportunities to increase investment and sponsorship.
- WCP inc Talent Pathway - Ensure a World Class performance programme exists to deliver medal success
- Coaching & Workforce Development – Ensure appropriate workforce and workforce development systems are in place which meet performance, growth and membership needs
- Insight Led, Participation Centred Growth – Ensure BF can attract & retain new participants
- Club & Membership Support – Ensure that we deliver the products and services to meet the needs of our community
The work to deliver the strategies is split across multiple departments within BF – Corporate Services, Membership & Events, Development and WCP.