Coaches wishing to be considered for the FIE Budapest Coaching Academy for Foil and Epee in 2023 should apply to BF by 5pm January 31st 2023.
The FIE Budapest Coaching Academy is a three-month intensive residential coaching course involving a Monday-to-Friday schedule of eight-hour days over a 12 week period, totalling 360 classes. Students sit a final exam at the end of the course.
In 2023, the FIE Budapest Coaching Academy will take place over the following dates:
Format: 8 students per weapon (6 from Europe, 2 from Panamerica/ Asia-Oceania)
The course will be held in English from Monday to Friday (09:00-13:00 and 15:00-19:00). Classes will include psychology, physiology, sport theory and biomechanics, as well as coach education classes and practice.
At the end of the programme, an examination of practice will take place and successful participants will receive an FIE-recognised diploma.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following requirements:
The FIE programme covers accommodation and meals, but not travel and insurance costs.
To be considered for this programme applicants must send the following documents to [email protected] by 31st January 2023 at 5pm:
Please note that in the event that your application is successful all information and documents sent to BF as part of the application process will be sent onto the FIE.
1) Out of Schengen countries, candidates might need a visa. The Academy will help with an invitation letter, but can’t guarantee the obtention of the visa.
2) The Academy does not reimburse transportation fees and other costs.
*the subvention of 300 CHF per each student will be exceptionally paid by the FIE to cover part of the transportation fees.
3) The students must have a health insurance covering the stay in Budapest (medical fees, assistance, accident, repatriation).
4) The applicants must provide the FIE with the health insurance proof covering the stay in Budapest (for medical fees, assistance, accident, repatriation).
5) The students must bring their own coaching equipment for practice.
If you have any questions relating to this post, please submit them to us via the form here and a member of the Athlete Development Programme (ADP) team will come back to you.
Don’t miss the latest news and important announcements. Subscribe to our weekly summary email, The Fencing Digest, featuring the previous week’s latest news and announcements. Sign up here.
Sign up to receive regular highlights from the exciting world of fencing - celebrating the best of our unique and inspiring community