POST TITLE: Fencing Coach
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Sport Main
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and deliver exciting and safe fencing sessions
• Carry out group lessons
• Setting up and clearing up the fencing hall before and after each session
• Following policies and procedures to create a safe and fun environment
• Providing safety instructions and demonstration of equipment, and ensuring these are adhered to at all times
• Checking the fencing equipment efficiency regularly
• The Lady Eleanor Holles Fencing Club meets on a Tuesday with a beginners’ class first for 1 hour followed by an intermediate class for 1 hour 15 minutes. The interest is high and the students are keen to learn and develop their fencing ability.
• You will be expected to be ready to begin the first sessions at 4.15pm and will finish at 6.30pm each Tuesday during term time.
• You will be paid per hour and need to submit a timesheet each month to receive your payment.
• Must be BF registered and Level 2 or above in at least Epee.
• To abide by the School’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures at all times.
• To adhere to School policy on safeguarding and updating training as required. • To ensure the safeguarding and well-being of children and young people at the School in accordance with School policies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Appointment: This is a permanent, part-time position.
Probationary Period and Notice:
During the probationary period, the period of notice will be one week on either party. Thereafter it will be one month on either party or the statutory minimum.
Working Hours: This is a part-time position, working each Tuesday during term-time. Core hours will be 4:15pm – 6:30pm.
Salary: Dependent on experience. Holiday Entitlement: The holiday entitlement is 20 paid working days per year pro rata, plus all public holidays.
Pension: Non-teaching staff may join Lady Eleanor Holles School’s Stakeholder Pension Scheme. This is a defined contribution pension scheme; provided the employee contributes 6% of gross salary, the employer will contribute a further 10%.
Statutory Checks: An offer of employment is conditional on the following:
• Sight of your passport and verification of Right to Work in the UK
• Sight of two other forms of I.D. e.g. driving licence with paper counterpart, recent utility bill/bank statement showing home address (and dated within 3 months)
• Sight of the original of your marriage certificate (if applicable) • Sight of the originals of your relevant qualifications
• A check of the Barred List/List 99 check • A satisfactory enhanced DBS criminal record check
• Satisfactory completion of a Medical Questionnaire
• Check of employment history (including satisfactory explanations for any gaps)
• Satisfactory replies from your nominated referees.
• Overseas checks (where applicable)
An application pack is available from the school’s website www.lehs.org.uk. Applications must be made on the school’s own form and should be sent to [email protected] The closing date is noon on Friday, 4th October 2019. Interviews to be held w/c: Interviews may take place at any time. CVs will not be considered and should not be submitted.
The Lady Eleanor Holles School Hanworth Road, Hampton, Middlesex TW12 3HF Tel: 020 8979 1601 [email protected] Registered charity no. 1130254
Lady Eleanor Holles is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Please note this is an externally provided job posting. Please do not apply to British Fencing. An application pack is available from the school’s website www.lehs.org.uk. Applications must be made on the school’s own form and should be sent to [email protected]
Sign up to receive regular highlights from the exciting world of fencing - celebrating the best of our unique and inspiring community