Financial Assistance Scheme for BF Cadet & Junior Events
BF extends the scheme to provide fencers from lower socio economic groups (LSEG) free entry to BF run events.
BF has existing schemes and programmes which supports schools/fencers from lower socio-economic groups (LSEG) to participate in fencing activities.
One such scheme waives the entry fees for BF Championships, and this scheme has been extended to cover the A BRCs.
- There are a limited number of places available
- Applications must in the first instance be completed by officials on behalf of BF affiliated clubs. If the application is successful the fencer (or parent/guardian if U18) will be required to complete a further form
- Fencers that currently pay for club sparring and lessons are unlikely to be able to benefit from the scheme
- Fencers attending private education are unlikely to be able to benefit from the scheme unless they are on 100% scholarships
- Fencers that already receive funding and grants (eg SportsAid) to covers costs of fencing are not eligible
Evidence to support the application must include:
- Statement from registered club coach – in relation to the suitability of the competition in relation to the development of the athlete
- Copy of agreement between fencer, parent (if fencer is U18) and club that enables the athlete to access free/discounted club sessions and lessons.
- If the fencer is attending school, a supporting letter from school – fencer must either be at a state school or have full assisted places at a fee paying educational institute. (We are aware that not all schools are yet back so this will be followed up when term re-starts)
To complete the application please click here.
Don’t miss the latest news. Subscribe to our weekly summary email, The Fencing Digest, featuring the previous week’s latest news and announcements. Sign up here.