Date change for Junior Women’s Foil World Cup Creates Clash
Due to the unexpected date change for the Junior Women’s Foil World Cup in Zagreb, the event now clashes with a British Ranking Circuit event in Manchester. As such the World Class Performance team have replaced the Zagreb event with the Bochum World Cup on 29-30 October 2016.
The decision has been made to ensure that there is no possible subsequent effect on the British Cadet and Junior ranking for women foilists. The selection date for Bochum WF Junior World Cup will take place on 19 September and will be published on 22 September.
All Junior fencers interested in competing for Great Britain this season should ensure that they have a new FIE (international) license. Information about how to apply is available here.
We also strongly suggest that you also make yourself familiar with the following documentation, if you haven’t already:
– Junior World Cup Updates for Parents & Athletes (v1.1)
– Junior World Cup Information for Personal Coaches (v1.2)
– Junior World Cup Kit Requirements for Fencers (v3)
– Junior World Cup Guide to Weapon Check
Should you have any further queries please contact your Lead Performance Team Manager (LPTM) as follows:
– EPEE fencers should contact Marie-Pauline MacKinnon
– FOIL fencers should contact Lorraine Rose
– SABRE fencers should contact Pat Aiyenuro
Sign up to receive regular highlights from the exciting world of fencing - celebrating the best of our unique and inspiring community