New BF Medical Committee – Expressions of Interest Welcome
BF seeks expressions of interest from medical professionals from the community to form a new BF Medical Committee. Deadline 12 noon, 22nd November 2021.
The Board of British Fencing is proposing to create a new Medical Committee, to support the work of the Chief Medical Officer and the Executive Team. This Committee will be a Standing Committee and as such will have directly delegated authority from the Board:
- To advise on the formulation of policy and plans to help reduce the risk of illness and injury through participation in Fencing activities.
- To promote and support education, training and the dissemination of information to help reduce the risk of illness and injury through participation in Fencing activities, including liaison with the Safety Committee.
- Collect data on the incidence of injury and illness in fencers.
- Led by the Anti-doping Panel, and in co-operation with the ADP medical support staff support and advise on anti-doping policy implementation, including its application to junior fencers.
- To provide a forum for discussion and communication between medical members of the Fencing community.
- Ensure BF demonstrates consistency and best practice in both medical support and anti-doping policy in relation to hosting international competitions.
- To provide input into selection processes, where requested.
- To review and propose updates/changes to all relevant BF policies.
- To advise the Executive Team on Medical Provision at BF events.
The Committee is expected to meet 3-4 times a year, online or face to face.
The Draft Terms of Reference can be found here.
If you are interested in joining the committee please send a CV and brief covering letter to email@example.com by 12noon, 22nd November 2021.
If you have a question about the role please contact BF’s Chief Medical Officer Clare Halsted.
We also welcome expressions of interest from medical professionals outside of the fencing community.