SPORT ENGLAND PARTNER COURSE ON OFFER FOR MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS
Mind, UK Coaching and Sport England have worked together to update the Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity+ course (2023), which has been accessed by over 40,000 people since 2019.
With November being Men’s Mental Health Awareness Month as well as the 13th – 19th November being Self Care Week, Sport England would like to share an opportunity to increase mental health knowledge and confidence.
This updated course includes:
- A reduced price of £10 (previously £12), to help in making the course more affordable for more people.
- A new platform which is fully accessible with screen readers and keyboard navigation.
- Updated statistics based on new and updated research.
- New content on young people, healthy relationships with physical activity and self-care.
New content on the course also includes:
- Top tips/guidance for anyone delivering physical activity to this group.
- Healthy relationships with sport and physical activity: insight into experiences of when participation can become unhealthy, and guidance on how to spot the signs and offer support.
- Helping people to support themselves: linking to Mind’s new Self-care Library, which pulls together a range of activities to help people to support their own and others’ well-being.
For more information and to sign up, please click here.
Don’t miss the latest news. Subscribe to our weekly summary email, The Fencing Digest, featuring the previous week’s latest news and announcements. Sign up here.