Coaches wishing to be considered for the FIE Budapest Coaching Academy for Sabre, Epee and Foil 2024 should apply by the closing dates below.
The FIE Budapest Coaching Academy is a three-month intensive residential Level 2 coaching course involving a Monday-to-Friday schedule of eight-hour days over 12 weeks, totalling 360 classes. Students sit a final exam at the end of the course.
In 2024, the FIE Budapest Coaching Academy will take place over the following dates:
Closing Date for Applications:
Applications must be sent to BF by the dates below. This gives a two-week window before the FIE closing date. Applications must be made via BF.
The application process will be managed by Lorraine Rose. Please email [email protected] to be sent the FIE application form.
You will need:
Please note that if your application is successful, all information and documents sent to BF as part of the application process will be shared with the FIE along with our letter of recommendation.
8 students per weapon.
The course will be held in English from Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00). Classes will include psychology, physiology, sports theory and biomechanics, coach education classes and practice.
At the end of the programme, an examination of practice will take place and successful participants will receive an FIE-recognised diploma.
The FIE programme covers accommodation and meals, but not travel and insurance costs.
1) Out of Schengen countries candidates might need a visa. The Academy will help with an invitation letter but can’t guarantee the obtention of the visa.
2) The Academy does not reimburse transportation fees and other costs.
*The subvention of 300 CHF per each student will be exceptionally paid by the FIE to cover part of the transportation fees.
3) The students must have health insurance covering their stay in Budapest (medical fees, assistance, accident, repatriation).
4) The applicants must provide the FIE with health insurance proof covering their stay in Budapest (for medical fees, assistance, accident, repatriation).
5) The students must bring their own coaching equipment for practice.
Don’t miss the latest news and important announcements. Subscribe to our weekly summary email, The Fencing Digest, featuring the previous week’s latest news and announcements. Sign up here.
Sign up to receive regular highlights from the exciting world of fencing - celebrating the best of our unique and inspiring community