ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY WORKING GROUP
Purpose of Group – To support the work of the Executive Team as they implement BFs Environmental Sustainability Policy.
- Oversee implementation of the Environmental Sustainability Policy – through contributing to the creation and management of an Environmental Sustainability Plan
- Advise on improvements to the BF Environmental Sustainability Policy
Promote and support education, training and the dissemination of information to the fencing community to help reduce the impact of fencing activities on the environment
- Provide a forum for discussion and communication between members of the Fencing community with an interest in environmental sustainability
- Ensure BF demonstrates consistency and best practice in relation to environmental sustainability
Members (and their relevant areas of interest)
- Tabatha Barton, BF Board – Advocate raising awareness of the dangers of fast fashion
- Clare Halsted, Group Coordinator – Member of FIE Environmental work group, Doctors for XR and Champions4Earth; BF Chief Medical Officer
- Caryl Oliver – England Fencing Board Director and President of European Veterans Fencing; sustainable clothing
- Liz Anderson, Scottish Fencing Operations Manager – Making events more sustainable
- John Rees, Welsh Fencing Board Director and National epee coach for Wales
- Nicola Murphy, Northern Ireland Fencing Board Director – Background in Sustainable Energy Communities; currently writing her thesis on offshore wind farms, energy justice, and community benefits
- Luke Deamer, FIE Referee and EF Lead Referee – finishing a PhD in company sustainability; Group Sustainability Manager for a global construction company and represents UK on multiple European-based trade association sustainability working groups.
- David Worsfold, Freelance journalist – writing about green finance, sustainable investment, fossil fuels, renewable energy and green transition for businesses; also daily coverage of COP26 and COP27 so familiar with top level policies.
BF Exec Support
- Georgina Usher, BF CEO
- Virginia Baliey, BF CEO
The group is currently working on an Action Plan so members are very welcome to contribute ideas or give examples of effective actions. Send to [email protected].