A strong, successful and sustainable fencing community
To inspire and enable people to start, stay and succeed in fencing
- A pathway to international success
- A stronger, empowered, diverse and inclusive community of 30,000 fencers, volunteers, coaches and supporters
- Accessible inclusive swordplay opportunities delivered via partnership programmes
- A sustainable future supported by high quality governance and infrastructure that is financially resilient
- Maximise the wider benefits of fencing and the positive impact it can have on people’s lives
Strategic Work Areas
- Leadership, Culture & Governance
- Resource Management & Sustainability
- GBR Athlete Support & Development
- Coaching & Workforce Development
- Insight Led Participant Programmes
- Events, Competition & Calendar
- Club and Membership Support
Strategic Work Areas
- Leadership, Culture & Governance – Establish, communicate and reinforce the leadership required to underpin the British Fencing vision, mission and objectives.
- Resource Management & Sustainability – Ensuring that BF is financially resilient and sustainable through efficient resource management systems, a margin generating commercial portfolio, embracing and enabling volunteer support and diversifying funding sources.
- GBR Athlete Support & Development – Create the structure and capability for GBR athletes to be successful at international level. This includes Sport England funded Talent activities and DiSE which form part of the GBR Athlete Development Programme.
- Coaching and Workforce Development – Ensuring a fit for purpose workforce and workforce development systems are in place which meet community needs from performance to participation, underpinned by BFs leading edge coaching framework. This includes Sport England funded development activities and UK Sport International Relations funded activities.
- Insight Led, Participation Centred Programmes – Ensure BF can attract & retain new participants. These include Sport England funded projects (in identified specific areas agreed with Sport England) and externally funded partnership projects such as Muslim Girls Fence.
- Events, Competitions & Calendar – Ensure a high quality, fit for purpose and sustainable portfolio of BF run events including the National Championships. Deliver a calendar to support GBR squad selection and athlete development. Enable members and clubs to deliver sustainable participant centric competitions.
- Club & Membership Support – Ensure that we deliver the products and services to meet the needs of our community. Working with the Home Nations and Regions to support grass roots. This includes the England Fencing funded development work to support clubs and regions in England.