The Union of Kingston Students, Kingston Upon Thames is currently looking for a Head Coach.
Provided by Union of Kingston Students:
We are currently looking for a Head Coach for our Fencing Club. A few responsibilities of this position will be as follows;
This role is on a short term contract until 8th December 2020, with salary to be agreed. You must have a minimum of Level 1 coaching qualification
Application process is via submitting your CV to [email protected]
If you require further information specific to this role, please contact our Sports Development Coordinator Kieran Dempsey on [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 6th November 2020 at 5pm
Title: Fencing Sports Club Coach
Contract: Short Term Contract until 8 th December 2020
Salary: to be agreed
Required Coach Qualification: Level 1 upwards (Foil, Epee and Sabre)
Team Training Times: Tuesday evening 8pm & 10pm.
1. To work alongside the Sport Development Coordinator and Club Committee to set appropriate development and performance goals for the club and create a plan on how to meet these goals.
2. To plan and deliver high quality training sessions for the Fencing Club that will ensure the development of all players and progress towards the set goals.
3. To ensure a high level of communication between all teams to guarantee development of players and when appropriate players are given the opportunity to progress up the teams.
4. To ensure a consistent approach and coaching philosophy across all teams.
5. To maintain regular communication with committee members throughout the season.
6. Assist the other coaches (where applicable) with overseeing the trial process and determine the selection of players in appropriate squads.
7. In consultation with the president and captain of the committee, to be responsible for team selection including determining a selection process and providing feedback to those not selected.
8. To adhere to the Union of Kingston Students Coaching Code of Conduct and also the relevant NGB guidelines and regulations.
9. To be responsible for the safety of all participants including ensuring the safe use of equipment.
10. To encourage a performance ethic and environment that encourages high attendance at training sessions.
11. To keep up to date training attendance reports via Upshot
12. In consultation with the committee and Sport Development Coordinator, to implement an effective recruitment and trial period at the start of the academic year.
13. To produce monthly progress reports, an end of season report and to meet with the Student Sport Development Coordinator twice a year to discuss reports.
14. Where appropriate, to support the work of the club committee and Sport Development Coordinator
15. Any other duties appropriate to the role, as directed by the Sport Development Coordinator.
Sign up to receive regular highlights from the exciting world of fencing - celebrating the best of our unique and inspiring community