In 2020, the FIE Budapest Coaching Academy will take place for three months, as follows:
Arrival: the day before the course starts. Departure: the day after the course finishes.
Format: 8 students per weapon (6 from Europe, 2 from Panamerica/ Asia-Oceania)
The course will be held in English from Monday to Friday (09:00-13:00 and 15:00-19:00). Classes of psychology, physiology, sport theory and biomechanics will be taught, as well as coach education classes and practice.
At the end of the programme, an examination of practice will take place and give, if the participant is successful, an FIE-recognised diploma.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet the following requirements:
The FIE programme covers accommodation and meals but not travel costs. The documents to send are:
1) Out of Schengen countries, candidates need a visa. The Academy will help with an invitation letter but can’t guarantee the obtention of the visa
2) The Academy does not reimburse any transportation fees and other costs
3) The students must have health insurance covering the stay in Budapest (medical fees, assistance, accident, repatriation)
4) The applicants must provide the FIE with the health insurance proof covering the stay in Budapest (for medical fees, assistance, accident, repatriation)
5) The students must bring their own coaching equipment for practice
Any questions, please email Steve Kemp
Sign up to receive regular highlights from the exciting world of fencing - celebrating the best of our unique and inspiring community