GBR Selection Panel Chair – ROLE DESCRIPTION
(Last Updated 27/09/2021)
- Run the selection process in accordance with the published BF policy and selection dates.
- To ensure that the selectors follow the published policy in their decision-making.
- Confirm that discretionary applications, the ADP proposals and the latest ranking information are available to members of the Selection Panel prior to decision-making.
- Ensure that selection decisions are performed by the Selection Panel and communicated to BF for publication in a timely fashion.
- Provide an appropriate level of check and challenge to Selection Panel discussions, ensuring that all selectors get a suitable opportunity to engage.
- Ensure that Selection Panel discussions and decisions are appropriately logged in accordance with BF procedures and any panel observers are duly copied into to email discussions.
- Ensure that the outcome of Selection is communicated to BF Executive Team (who in turn are responsible for updating the website)
- In the event that a Weapon Manager is the acting chair, they do so in a non-voting capacity.
- Participate (on request) in the Major Event Selection Panel who are responsible for World and European Selections.
ADP = Athlete Development Programme
BF = British Fencing
Major Events = Senior European Championships, Senior World Championships, Olympics Games