SIGN-UP OPENS FOR WEAPON SPECIFIC L4 COACHING COURSE
During the December ADP camp in Nottingham University, there will be an opportunity for aspirant L3 Epee & Foil coaches to undertake the BF Weapon Specific L4 Coaching course.
This course will be delivered over two days 28th and 29th December, 09.00-17.00 both days.
Coaches appearing on the BF Coaching register will have the course fees (usually upwards of £250) covered in full by BF. The only cost will be the certification fee of £25.
Refreshments (lunch) will be provided.
Attendees will need to arrange their travel and accommodation at their own cost.
There will be a limited number of places. To apply please complete the attached form below and add the supporting documentation. Deadline for applications is 22nd December.
Part 1 – Submission of application with supporting documentation
- Why – personal coaching philosophy and your values
- Medium to long term coaching goals
- Subject title for a presentation on an aspect of a performance fencing at an international level. The presentation (which you will prepare to present on day 1 of the course) should include an in-depth technical and tactical written analysis, with accompanying video clips as appropriate.
Part 2 – Submission of evidence of technical and tactical competence
- Lesson plans on specific topics for a T3 pathway fencer
- How – sample individual annual plans and sessions plan. (Possible club development/annual plans – how do you run a set of L1/2 coaches to create National Champions)
Course Content – Day 1
- Group presentation on analysis paper
- Practical Analysis of selected ADP fencers based on live sessions OBSERVE
- ADP Coach – GB Style (3 Ps) ANALYSE/PLAN
- Practical Lesson Delivery on one chosen aspect DELIVER
- Feedback on lessons, output, impact on fencers, experience of fencer REFLECT
- Activity whilst other lessons happening to design a group session to address that problem (footwork or S&C or directed sparring). To include teaching points. The why and how’s of the session.
- 1-1 check-in with Coach Developer – identification on areas to work
Course Content – Day 2
- Group feedback on analysis of the fencers
- Practical Delivery – Planned (Predetermined GB Style ) – both hands, followed by group reflection
- Practical Delivery – Reactive – different styles of athletes to give a warm-up lesson to, specific planned themed lesson which may need to be adapted in real time , followed by group Reflection
- Group Feedback 1 minute break feedback
- 1-1 with Coach Developer – identification on areas to work on, feedback on course.
Any questions please email Steve Kemp