Updated August 2022
This page has been archived and the information below is for historical purposes only.
» What was Clubmark
Clubmark was the universally acknowledged cross-sport accreditation scheme for community sports Clubs. It stands for:
› Higher standards of welfare, equity, coaching and management in community sports Clubs
› Making sure the nation’s sports Club infrastructure is safer, stronger and more successful
It showed that a Club provides the right environment which ensures the welfare of members and encourages everyone to enjoy the sport and stay involved throughout their lives.
An accredited Club was recognised as a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place for participants of all ages as well as helping parents and carers know that they’re choosing the right Club for their young people.
» The Benefits of Clubmark
1. The development of clear goals and objectives can be communicated to all Club members and the wider community. This highlights the Club’s focus and ambition for the future and provides a solid foundation for all Clubs wishing to grow.
2. The analysis of the current workforce ensures all training is up to date and the Club is operating at its best.
3. Adopting more organised systems and structures will help the Club run more efficiently and effectively.
4. Addressing issues such as equity and child protection should increase parent’s confidence when choosing the correct Club for their child.
5. Updating policies, training, and systems show confidence and increased productivity. This, in turn, attracts schools and local authorities that must ensure quality, child-friendly systems and procedures are in place.
6. Clubmark will assist you to have strategies for recruitment of new members.
7. Some leisure operators and local authorities may give priority and at times discount to Clubmark accredited Clubs.
8. Clubmark provides recognition for high-quality Clubs.
9. Members can be sure their club is a well-managed Club, striving to offer the best in coaching and sports development.
All information has been taken from Sport England’s Clubmatters website can be found here.
Activate your free, 90 day membership to British Fencing today. Membership insures you to fence at any British Fencing club.
Does your organisation want to bring fencing to your community? Explore our core coach course, no experience required.
Sign up to receive regular highlights from the exciting world of fencing - celebrating the best of our unique and inspiring community