BRITISH SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS 2021: BF EVENTS COVID-19 TESTING PROTOCOL
All those attending the British Senior Championships 2021 are required to follow the BF Events COVID-19 Testing Protocol and COVID-19 mitigation measures.
Ahead of the British Senior Championships 2021 which are to be held at Sportsdock, University of East London (6/7 November 2021). All those attending the event are required to follow the BF Events COVID-19 Testing Protocol and COVID-19 mitigation measures, which are in place to protect all those in attendance at the event.
BEFORE ARRIVING AT THE EVENT
All attendees (Athletes, Coaches, Spectators and Event Staff) before attending the event are required to:
- Complete the Pre-Event Health Questionnaire. The health questionnaire is to be completed in the preceding 24 hours before attending the event. The link to the health questionnaire will be sent out to athletes and accredited coaches prior to the event, the link will also be made available on social media and on the event webpage.
- Within the Pre-Event Health Questionnaire, you will be asked to complete a Pre-Event COVID-19 Test. For the majority of attendees, this will be a self-administered lateral flow test, which are available at most pharmacies/chemists or available to order online here. The Pre-Event testing requirements and information for specific groups can be found in the British Fencing Events COVID-19 Testing Protocol.
- You will be asked within the Pre-Event Health Questionnaire to confirm you have taken the Pre-Event COVID-19 Test. Please ensure you have evidence of this by reporting your lateral flow test result here or keeping a copy of your PCR test result (email/text confirmations are available for both test types). BF will be performing spot checks on individuals to check all have completed the pre-event health questionnaire and testing.
COVID-19 MITIGATION MEASURES AT THE EVENT
Whilst at the event, there are mitigation measures in place:
- Mandatory wearing a face-covering whilst not fencing (unless exempt)
- Field of play restrictions will be in place, further information and application form can be found here
- No coaching during the poules
- Restrictions in relation to coaches/spectators – there will be limited spaces for spectators to have a direct view of the event. It will not be possible to spectate in the back hall (pistes 11-26). Bleacher seating is available for spectators in the main arena.
- No shouting
- No handshaking/elbow touching – replaced with salutes on the on guard line
ADDITIONAL EVENT REMINDERS
For access to the Field of Play at the 2021 British Senior Championships and Cadet Sabre A3 BRC event, coaches and parents/carers wishing to provide piste-side support are required to apply for accreditation. Further information and application form can be found here
Applications are now open and will close at 9am on Wednesday 3rd November, at which point no further applications will be accepted.
ULEZ Zone – Please note, the venue is within the recently extended Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) All those attending the event are reminded to check whether their vehicle meets the ULEZ standards. Check your number plate here
If you have any questions regarding the measures in place at the Senior National Championships, please contact [email protected]
Don’t miss the latest news. Subscribe to our weekly summary email, The Fencing Digest, featuring the previous week’s latest news and announcements. Sign up here.