03/11/2020- Covid 19

BF awaiting clarification of measures from parliament

Ahead of the parliamentary vote on Wednesday, BF met with major stakeholders to seek support for the sector and clarification about restrictions coming into place in England on November 5th.

Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on October 31st about new measures coming into place on November 5th, 2020, BF attended a sector meeting with Sport England, UK Sport and the Sport & Recreational Alliance.

Questions were raised in relation to a wide set of topics including sport in school, after school, U18/student sport and 1:1 outdoor coaching.

We have been advised to wait until after the parliamentary vote on Wednesday, at which point we will have confirmation of what measures are being brought into law. Further guidance will then be issued for sport and at this point BF will be issuing updated guidelines.

Funding was an additional topic of the meeting and we would encourage clubs to look at the various opportunities to access funding opportunities from Sport England.

BF would also like to encourage all our members to support the petition calling on the government to instigate emergency funding in the form of a Sports Recovery Fund to ensure sports clubs, fitness and leisure facilities can remain open and survive the coming difficult months.

The petition can be found here.

The work our coaches, clubs, volunteers, partners and community do to keep our sport safe, fun and viable is vitally important and we want to thank our members for your patience at this time. We will as always, update our Covid-19 advice and guidance page with the current status for all Home Nations.

Subscribe to our new weekly summary email featuring the previous week’s latest news and announcements. Sign up here.

Join the conversation. Share your stories using #BritishFencing on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram

Our Partners

  • Our Partners