WILDCARD CRITERIA FOR BRITISH SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS (‘THE NATIONALS’)
Criteria for a wildcard place for the Senior British Championships (the Nationals) for eligible athletes outside the top 50 of the BF Senior Rankings on the 1st of March 2023.
Please read this post for a complete description of the ‘The Nationals’ Entry Process.
- Senior or U23 athletes returning from a significant period of absence, a major injury, pregnancy, or other significant life events have made them unable to compete and fallen out of the top 50 in the BF Senior Rankings, who were previously ranked in the top 25 of the BF Senior Rankings within the last three years.
- Athletes displaced from the top 50 due to International Fencers (ineligible to compete for GBR) being placed within the top 50 BF rankings.
- Junior athletes that have met selection standards for respective Major Championships (European and World) as a Junior and in the top 75 of the BF Senior Rankings, ordered by BF Junior Rankings on the 1st of March 2023.
- Junior athletes are currently ranked in the top 8 of the Junior Rankings, ordered by BF Junior Rankings on the 1st of March, 2023.
- Last year Cadets that met selection standards for respective Major Championships as a cadet and are currently in the top 100 of the BF Senior Rankings, ordered by BF Cadet Rankings on the 1st of March 2023.
- An ADP athlete (of any age) in the top 100 on the 1st of March 2023 of the BF Senior ranking whose attendance would support their development with a documented IADP shared with the ADP.
Deadline Reminder (as published here)
Wildcard form opens on 1st March 2023
Form completed by 8th March 2023
Acceptance of invitation by 22nd March 2023
If you have any questions regarding this news post, please get in touch with us here.
Don’t miss the latest news. Subscribe to our weekly summary email, The Fencing Digest, featuring the latest news and announcements of the previous week. Sign up here.