BF is delighted to announce the search for #BFImage2021 has commenced. The British Fencing Image of the Year competition is an annual opportunity to celebrate memorable moments captured in fencing.
Following the success of the 2018, 2019 and 2020 competitions, fencers and photographers of all ages and abilities are invited to submit images for #BFimage2021 in three categories: Fencing Fun, Inspiration and Teamwork. The overall winner will be the fencing image that best represents British Fencing’s message: Be You. Be Different.
To submit an image, post it with the hashtag #BFimage2021 on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Full terms and conditions are available below.
Entries close 4th January 2022 at 5 pm. Category and overall winners will be announced in late January 2022. Images will be judged by a guest panel including, the winner of #BFImage2020 Graham Cormie.
The category and overall winning images will be published in the April 2022 edition of The Sword, British Fencing’s magazine. The category winners will receive prizes which will be announced in early 2022.
Evie Millar, Events Administrator at BF, said “The British Fencing Image of the Year competition is always a popular way to celebrate our diverse and dedicated community. We’re looking forward to seeing lots of exciting images reflecting how fencing in the UK has returned in 2021.”
Please see the terms and conditions below, for more information on how to enter the #BFImage2021 competition.
1. Photographers accept the terms and conditions by posting (submitting) an image on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #BFimage2021.
2. Submissions via Facebook Stories, Instagram Stories and Twitter Fleets will not be accepted. Posts must be public and shareable.
3. Amateur and professional photographers are allowed to submit images.
4. The judges’ decision is final.
5. British Fencing reserves the right to remove images from their social platforms without notice if deemed unsuitable.
6. Images containing nudity or unsafe fencing practice will be deemed unsuitable.
7. This competition is not endorsed by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and is administered by British Fencing.
8. Photographers retain copyright to the submitted images.
9. Photographers agree to grant use of submitted images to British Fencing online and in print.
10. Images must be related to fencing.
11. Photographers must ensure full permission is granted from the subjects in the image and parental consent is granted in the case of a subject under the age of 16.
12. Employees of British Fencing are not allowed to submit images.
13. Prizes may vary. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash.
14. Images should not contain text overlays or captions.
15. Photographers can submit one image per category, therefore totalling a maximum of 3 images in the whole competition. Images will be judged within categories of Fencing Fun, Inspiration, Teamwork. All accepted images will also be judged to nominate the overall winner that embodies “Be You, Be Different”. If an image is not submitted with a specific category in the caption, BF will place it within an appropriate category.
16. Images must be submitted with the hashtag #BFimage2021 by the person who took the original image. Do not submit another person’s image on their behalf. Instead, direct photographers to submit their own images and ask them to use the hashtag #BFimage2021 to accept these terms and conditions.
17. Entries close 4th January 2022. British Fencing reserves the right to extend the competition deadline.
18. Winners will be contacted via their social profile.
19. BF selects the judging panel, who then operate independently to select their favourite images. The overall winner is traditionally asked to return to judge the competition the next year but this is not a mandatory condition of entry.
Sign up to receive regular highlights from the exciting world of fencing - celebrating the best of our unique and inspiring community